- Create an absolutely featured RESTful API resolution from scratch.
- Learn tips on how to leverage Node.JS, show, MongoDB and NoSQL datastores to provide an additional side for your relaxation API design.
- Use this functional advisor to combine MongoDB on your Node.js application.
In this period of cloud computing, each info provisioning answer is inbuilt a scalable and fail-safe manner. therefore, whilst development RESTful prone, the ideal selection for the underlying platform is key. Node.js, with its asynchronous, event-driven structure, is strictly the fitting option to construct RESTful APIs.
This publication might help you increase your improvement abilities to create scalable, server-side, RESTful purposes in keeping with the Node.js platform.
Starting with the basics of relaxation, you are going to comprehend why RESTful internet providers are higher info provisioning resolution than different applied sciences. you'll commence establishing a improvement setting through fitting Node.js, Express.js, and different modules. subsequent, you are going to write an easy HTTP request handler and create and attempt Node.js modules utilizing automatic assessments and ridicule gadgets. you are going to then need to pick out the main acceptable information garage variety, having strategies among a key/value or rfile info shop, and you will enforce computerized assessments for it. This module will evolve bankruptcy via bankruptcy till it becomes a full-fledged and safe Restful service.
What you are going to learn
- Install, increase, and try your personal Node.js consumer modules
- Comprehend the variations among an HTTP and a RESTful application
- Optimize RESTful provider URI routing with most sensible practices
- Eliminate third-party dependencies on your exams with mocking
- Learn approximately NoSQL information shops and combine MongoDB on your Node.js program with Mongoose
- Secure your companies with NoSQL database integration inside Node.js applications
- Enrich your improvement abilities to create scalable, server-side, RESTful purposes according to the Node.js platform
About the Author
Valentin Bojinov studied computing device programming on the Technological college of digital platforms in Sofia, Bulgaria, a faculty in the Technical collage of Sofia. He was once brought to programming there and learned that his occupation will be in examine and improvement. He holds a BSc in telecommunication and knowledge engineering. Then, his curiosity in facts transmission grew, and he ventured into B2B (business-to-business) communique. he's presently pursuing his MSc in software program improvement. Valentin is a professional in Java, cleaning soap, RESTful internet prone, and B2B integration.
A few years after he begun his occupation as a .NET developer, he learned that B2B and SOA have been his ardour. He then moved to SAP, the place he contributed to the improvement of the internet companies stack of the SAP JEE platform. He presently works as a senior Java developer for the Bulgarian department of Seeburger AG, a pace-setter within the B2B and MFT options industry. There, he develops and continues a number of B2B conversation adapters, together with internet companies and SAP adapters.
Table of Contents
- REST – What you probably did now not Know
- Getting began with Node.js
- Building a regular net API
- Using NoSQL Databases
- Implementing a Fully-Fledged RESTful Service
- Keeping the undesirable men Out