The Ubuntu Linux distribution makes Linux effortless, and Ubuntu for Non-Geeks makes it even more uncomplicated. packed with assistance, methods, and precious guidelines, this pain-free advisor is ideal for these in—but apprehensive about—switching to the Linux working system.
This revised and improved fourth version is jam-packed with new fabric that covers all of the newest good points of Ubuntu 10.04, Lucid Lynx. It comprises 5 new chapters that take you step by step via universal projects like fitting and taking part in video games, having access to your favourite social networks, troubleshooting universal and software program difficulties, connecting with the Ubuntu neighborhood, interacting together with your home windows deploy, and more.
By following besides the book's uncomplicated motives and step by step initiatives, you will find out how to:
- Install Ubuntu and hold it updated
- Set up printers, scanners, USB flash drives, and different hardware
- Install and play unfastened video games like Frets on hearth, Frozen Bubble, and Warzone 2100
- Watch DVDs, hearken to tune, and sync your iPod, iPhone, or different cellular devices
- Edit and percentage electronic photographs and videos
- Create records, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Customize the appear and feel of your system
- Work with the command line (or stay away from it altogether!)
If you are looking for a pain-free solution to examine Linux, Ubuntu for Non-Geeks is simply what you want to get started.